| || |
The Inflatek Valve is a pressure-tight, power operated sealing valve for handling abrasive bulk
materials and slurry mixtures. It is designed to provide an automatically applied pressure seal
when closed through a stationary or moving column of material. Ruggedly constructed from hardwearing
materials, the valve is rated for a minimum of 1,000,000 cycles between inspections when operating
in approved applications.|
Advanced features of the Inflatek Valve are:
- Proprietary double acting pneumatic actuator drive provides higher torque than pneumatic cylinder actuators.
- Unique auto seal air application mechanism for hand wheel operator versions. (Patent applied for.)
- Lubricated-for-life shaft bearings require no maintenance attention.
- Patented shaft/dome connection feature eliminates c-pin connections simplifying valve assembly and maintenance. (Patent No. 5,642,751)
- Mandatory three-part pressure test to ISO 9001 to verify pressure rating and inflatable seal performance.
- Mandatory certified functional test to every valve.
- Non-contact proximity switch interlock for inflatable seal operation.
- Designed and built by an ISO 9001 company.
| BASIC SPECIFICATION INLINE AND BULKHEAD CONFIGURATION|
Configuration: Inline or Bulkhead|
Design Pressure: 100 psi (6.7 barg) and 11 psi (750 mbarg) vacuum
Design Temperature: 230°F (110°C) constant temperature. See options
Body: Cast Iron Gr. A48 C40. See options
Dome: Cast Iron Gr. A48 C40. See options
Top Plate Assembly: Cast Iron Gr. A48 C40. See options
Drive and Idle Shaft: Stainless Steel Gr. 304. See options
Inflatable Seal Elastomer: Neoprene. See options
Double Viton Shaft Seals
Filament wound composite lubrication free shaft bearings. See options
Power Drive: Double acting pneumatic actuator with visual valve position indication
Manual Drive: Hand wheel through worm and wheel gearbox (6"-12") or lever (2"-4")
Passive Controls: Zero contact proximity switch for seal activation signal
Operating Controls: Not included. See options
Flange connection: See dimension table
1. Design Temperature:
|To 230°F (110°C):||PHO|
|To 400°F (200°C):||PHV|
|To 535°F (280°C):||PH1|
2. Materials and Construction:
|Cast Iron A48 Class 40:||60|
|Stainless Steel Gr. 304:||61|
|Stainless Steel Gr. 316:||62|
|Carbon Steel Gr. A516 Gr 70N:||63|
|Internal Teflon Coating||64|
|(coating to cast iron valve)|
3. Inflatable Seal Elastomer:
|FDA Rubber:||<212°F (100°C)||74|
4. Seal Protection and Dome Scraper Ring:
(Removes deposits of material adhering to dome surface)
5. Operating Pneumatic Only Controls
Comprising one four-way single solenoid valve and one three-way solenoid valve, pre-piped to
actuator and seal connection. Mounted to actuator carrier plate. Suitable for Zone 2 applications.
PCL requirements minimum 1 input and 2 outputs.
6. Operating Pneumatic Only Controls for Fail-Safe Close Operation for Loss of Air and/or Controls Power:
Controls comprising solenoid valves, pilot operated valve, air reservoir and check valve. Mounted
to actuator carrier extension plate.
7. Model SM 95 Open/Close Position Confirmation: by micro limit switches housed withing clear
plastic housing and mounted to actuator housing and actuator drive boss. Suitable for Zone 2 applications.
8. Inflatable Seal Actuation Confirmation Pressure Switch mounted to valve top plate (or remote)
9. Enclosure with PLC prewired to terminal block for electrical control of valve operation.
Enclosure is lockable. NEMA 4 cabinet 8" x 8".